Windows Server 2003 – Remote Computing
You can remotely change the Computer Description as follows. You must have administrative rights to the computers you wish to connect to and modify:
- Log into a server or WinXP computer with an account that has permissions to perform such a request.
- Right-click MY COMPUTER.
- Choose MANAGE.
- Right-click the COMPUTER MANAGEMENT (LOCAL).
- Choose CONNECT TO ANOTHER COMPUTER.
- Enter the name of the system you wish to logoff, shutdown or restart.
- The Computer Management window will update after establishing a connection. Once it does connect, the �(Local)� will change to the name of the system to which you connected.
- Right-click COMPUTER MANAGEMENT (xyz) and choose PROPERTIES.
- You will now be presented with information regarding the connected system.
- Select the COMPUTER NAME tab to change the Computer Description value.
- Select the ADVANCED tab to manage Performance settings, Environment settings and most significantly Startup and Recovery settings from where you will be able to invoke the logoff, shutdown or restart.
- Click the SETTINGS button under Startup and Recovery, to prepare for logoff, shutdown or restart.
- Click the SHUT DOWN button where you will be prompted for additional options.
- Choose the appropriate settings and click OK to invoke the command.
See Windows 8 Remote Desktop Connection.
Guy’s Challenge – Download this free device backup utility
Kiwi CatTools is a free program for backing up configuration settings on hardware devices. Here is Guy’s challenge. If you download CatTools, then it will not only take care of backups, but also it will show you something new about the hardware on you network. I could give you a money back guarantee – but CatTools is already free! Thus, I just make a techie to techie challenge, you will learn more about your network if you:
Download your free Kiwi CatTools configuration backup tools