CopyRite XP 2.0 by DaveSoft© is a powerful new tool which sits on top of Microsoft RoboCopy. CopyRite adds sophistication to file copy, backup or synchronization.
CopyRite is a feature-rich system that David Kendrick has designed to perform all Microsoft© RoboCopy functions. The key feature is an easy-to-use interface instead of that tricky command-line syntax.
Robust copy with ‘Point and Click’ interface. No more typing scary ‘DOS’ syntax.
- Mouse over Tool Tips explain the more cryptic options.
- Remembers last run job for easy repeating of job.
- Save and load any number of jobs.
- Remembers frequently used source and destination paths and stores them in a drop-down list.
- Accurate progress indicator displays current progress and current file.
- Create Source and Destination folders on the fly while browsing.
- Specify exactly what types of files and folders get copied.
- Include or exclude files based on Attributes.
- Failed jobs can be restarted from where they left off. Even in the middle of a large file.
- CopyRite XP works with Windows Vista OS!
RoboCopy (Robust Copy)
RoboCopy started life in NT 4 where it was years ahead of its time. The name Robust Copy, or Robust File Copy aptly sums up this utility. The program has all the features missing from the normal DOS copy, or even xcopy. For example:
- If interrupted, RoboCopy can carry on where it left off.
- A mirror mode which enables RoboCopy to ‘Mirror’ directory trees.
- Can deal with NTFS ACLS (Access control lists).
- Can copy folders easily.
- The include and exclude switches are handy for filter the files that you copy.
- Many more features.
SolarWinds’ Config Generator is a free tool, which puts you in charge of controlling changes to network routers and other SNMP devices. Boost your network performance by activating network device features you’ve already paid for.
Guy says that for newbies the biggest benefit of this free tool is that it will provide the impetus for you to learn more about configuring the SNMP service with its ‘Traps’ and ‘Communities’. Try Config Generator now – it’s free!
If you like this page then please share it with your friends