Contents of Getting Started with PowerShell
Here are the people who I had in mind as I wrote this ebook.
- Anyone who has read that PowerShell is the scripting language of the future.
- Dabblers who know a little VBScript and DOS and want to learn PowerShell.
- Network managers who want to collect specific data from a particular server.
- IT professionals who what to know precisely what’s happening in their Microsoft operating system.
- Techies who love remote control without hassle.
Getting Started with PowerShell only $9.25
I divided this PowerShell book into 3 sections:
- Getting Started – 12 basic techniques to assist you take those first faltering steps.
- Real life – 12 examples of PowerShell undertaking tasks on your computer.
- Syntax – A selection of 12 common punctuation and grammar constructions for your scripts.
For your $9.25 you get an ebook and a PDF packed with 120 pages of examples and Learning points. Here are details of the 36 topics:
Getting Started with PowerShell
- Download the correct version of PowerShell
- How to execute basic commands
- Master PowerShell’s key commands
- Get-Member command
- Create PowerShell cmdlets
- Use PowerShell’s built-in cmdlets
- Aliases – Types
- Where Statement: $_.name
- WMI Techniques
- Functions – Create
- Enable your ‘Profile’
Real Life Tasks
- Checking the Eventlog
- Scripting Files with get-Childitem
- Finding text with select-String
- Deleting Temporary Files
- Listing Services
- Starting a Service
- Checking your Disk With Win32_LogicalDisk
- PowerShell and WMI – better than Ipconfig
- Scripting PowerShell’s – ComObject and MapNetworkDrive
- Com – Shell Objects (‘Run’ Applications)
- Active Directory
- Creating an Exchange 2010 Mailcontact
- Conditional Operators
- Format Table
- -f Format
- If construction
- Parameters and Switches
- Quotation Marks
- Speech Marks