The Symptoms You Get
When you try and sign in to your MSN messenger account you get error 80048823
The Cause of Error 80048823
A guess, you are typing in the wrong password. Possibly the wrong email address.
The Solutions to MSN Error 80048823
1) The password you are trying is wrong. Could the CAPS LOCK be on? Here is the Microsoft site where you can change your password. Refer to your registration documentation. Do you have a confirmation email with your email address and password?
2) Have you just changed or fiddled with your firewall? Could that be blocking your MSN connection?
3) I never like this solution, but sometimes it does the trick: Delete internet temporary files and cookies. Internet Explorer: Tools (menu), Internet Options.
Screenshot of Error 80048823 MSN
Classic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Collect information: Write down your problem precisely. Something magical happens just by writing down the symptoms.
- Ask: What was the last thing that changed. Especially with anti-virus software Reverse it!
- Can you reproduce the problem: Occasionally trying again seems to make it work. Else you may get a different error from 80048823.
- Locate the source: Hardware (modem) Software, your end or MSN site.
- Phone a friend! Seriously do your MSN buddies have the same problem, if so it’s the site, if not – back to the drawing board.
Guy Recommends: The Free IP Address Tracker (IPAT)
Calculating IP Address ranges is a black art, which many network managers solve by creating custom Excel spreadsheets. IPAT cracks this problem of allocating IP addresses in networks in two ways:
For Mr Organized there is a nifty subnet calculator, you enter the network address and the subnet mask, then IPAT works out the usable addresses and their ranges. For Mr Lazy IPAT discovers and then displays the IP addresses of existing computers.
Summary of Error 80048823 MSN
Double check your the email account for your username.
See More Microsoft Messenger Error Codes
If you like this page then please share it with your friends